Thursday, May 01, 2008

It's finally in the drawing board

I wrote earlier about my dream to travel across Java. Well, I'm just one step closer to it.

Olen & I took the opportunity of the Indonesian promo at the Air Asia website that ended last sunday.

My original intention was 10 - 14 days travelling but after considering my workload, I figured out that 10 days was the maximum I could take time off. So, I gathered info and asked around. Olen was the only one who responded. That was when we really talked about it. We decided that we were proceeding with it, even if the others would not be joining us.

So, there goes. Bought cheap tickets that cost us under RM300 for return journey. It would be from the 26 August until 3 September. We also decided to skip Jakarta and Bali since both of us had been there before.

At the moment, I'm thinking about how to go about with the plan with just 9 days. Too ambitious, I guess. Hehe.

Anyway, these are the tentative plan:

Day 1 : Travel from KL to Bandung / Tour Bandung city
Day 2 : Tour Bandung outskirt
Day 3 : Bandung - Jogja train ride / Borubudur
Day 4 : City tour / Prambanan / Jogja - Solo train ride
Day 5 : City tour / Candi Ceto & Sukuh
Day 6 : Solo - Surabaya train ride
Day 7 : Surabaya - Cemoro Lawang
Day 8 : Climb Mount Penanjakan (to get the sunrise view of Mount Bromo) / Return to Surabaya / city tour
Day 9 : Travel back to KL from Surabaya

So, stay tune for updates!!!

No comments: