Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Java (Day 2 : Gunung Tangkuban Parahu)

It was a quiet morning. The guys prepared our breakfast and even hot water for our bath. Gee, we were getting pampered. Hehe.

We left Cipanas around 9.30am, heading back to Bandung. We arrived in Gunung Tangkuban Parahu, 3 hours later after making a few stops along the way.

I've been here before but it still amazes me. In my last visit, it was warm but this time around, it was misty and cold...and I now understand why people say that Bandung is cold. I even had to keep my jacket on.

Well, I got to do something different in this trip. Last year, I've trekked to Kawah Domas with my bestfriends but this time, we decided on horse riding to Kawah Upas, which is the oldest volcanic crater on this mountain.

Riding the horse for the first time was a challenge, especially along the long, winding and uneven trails...but what is travel, if it's not for an adventure?

The mist surrounding the souvenir stalls.


Near the crater of Kawah Ratu, busy street peddlars selling souvenirs and food.



Kawah Ratu is behind this.



The travellers riding horses along the ridge.




Kawah Upas


We rode the horses along this ridge.


Siomay

It was way past lunch time and we were getting hungry. Ferry & Erry were waiting for us near the viewing tower, eating this Siomay. In that cold weather, this steamy dish seems so delicious.



After choosing the ones you like from a variety of steamed stuffs, the peanut sauce is added on. Tada...you now have a healthy lunch.


Fancy a vase, made from carved kayu batik?

No comments: